3.1.13

Is It Time For School Yet??

I'm sure someone is reading that and thinking - Good Lord why would you say that? But let me explain. With 5 kids running around the house constantly, it gets very loud and very wild.

Not only that, I work from home. Being a blogger is a dream of mine and I would not change that for anything. But I am a person who works better on a schedule. I have got to stick to a schedule to know that things are getting done. Let's face it, I've gotten off track while the holidays have been here. Our family needs their schedule back - and the kids going back to school is going to be the first thing! 

We have had extra kids here during the break off and on spending the night and I love that the kids are able to have friends over, but it causes even more chaos and no schedule. 

Our kids seem to get cranky when they are not on a schedule and I know that it is going to take a few days to get them back on that schedule. I'm so glad that starting Thursday night they will be going to bed on their school bed time and waking up a little earlier. We are very much a night owl family and when they stay up with me they sleep a lot more during the day. Even on my off days, I have work to do. But it seems in the holiday time I have slept in much later than I needed to during my off days. 

We work much better as a family unit when we are all on a schedule that we are used to. Anyone else agree that having your family on a schedule works better for you? I love when the kids are home, but we need our schedule. 

~Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment